Blix WordPress Theme – Update

July 29, 2009

A theme option has been added to allow the sidebar to appear on pages.  The original Blix theme design only shows the sidebar on posts.

Bug fixes include clearing floating elements from the comment link line, removing the default width for form input and textareas, and hiding overflow in the sidebar.

Filed under: Updates

Tags: , ,

10 Comments Leave a Comment

• 1. GeorgWP  |  August 1, 2009 at 6:03 am

Hi,

Nice theme. I made a Danish language file, only to discover that you do not really support a separate language file :-)

Well, for some reason, ‘Comment’ in comments.php line 78 does not localize here, even though you have . It is not missing in the official Danish distribution, yet it does not show up in your theme.

Any suggestions?

• 2. joojen  |  August 3, 2009 at 6:59 pm

I want that the sidebar can be more wide.Like this http://fairyfish.net
    And i test it ,the word size is so small for Chinese.

• 3. Lynne  |  August 8, 2009 at 5:03 am

Hello there! (sorry, but I don’t know your name)

I see that you are building your showcase of Blix Theme users and just wanted to thank you for including my site among them. This is a lovely theme and just want you to know that I appreciate your work.

I just happened to run across another Blix Theme user that you may want to include in your showcase: http://www.cestlavegan.com/ Unfortunately, the theme identification and credit were not left in the footer, but it is DEFINITELY Blix.

Thanks again and please let me know if I can be of help.

Peace.

Lynne

• 4. dancer  |  August 9, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Hi GeorgWP,

Which language file version are you using? I used the da_DK.mo file from http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/da_DK/trunk/messages/ to test.

• 5. signet  |  September 28, 2009 at 10:09 am

I am using this theme and I have just moved my blog from wordpress.com to wordpress.org. I am not really tech savvy but would like to put a gravatar and text at the top of the sidebar like I had here;

What is the php code and which file do I insert it in and where? I have been reading the codex and trying lots of things with no luck so if you could make some (very specific!) instructions for a newcomer, I’d be very grateful.
    BTW, I love this theme.

• 6. admin  |  September 29, 2009 at 1:21 am

Hi Kathleen,

I visited your blog and it looks like you figured it out already. Anyway, I’m not sure what is available at WordPress.com, but you could probably add a text/HTML widget to the sidebar and put HTML to display your gravatar image and desired text in there.

• 7. Kathleen Ney  |  September 30, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Thank you, yes, I figured that out but now there seems to be some sort of glitch when viewing with IE Windows XP. There are one and a half banners appearing. It seems to be ok on mac using firefox and pc Windows Vista. Do you have any idea what could be causing that. I think it was fine until I added the gravatar and amazon store.

Thank you for your help!

• 8. admin  |  September 30, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I recently lost free access to the cross-browser and OS testing service I was using so I’m sorry I won’t be able to look into this right away and until I find another free platform testing service.

As a note to anyone who would like to contribute towards supporting this theme, please consider making a donation of any amount to the charity featured in the sidebar. The current one, DonorsChoose.org, supports public school classrooms of your choice. The donations go directly to charity and none actually goes to me, but I will match funds towards the cost of supporting this theme.

• 9. Cody  |  December 1, 2009 at 4:48 am

Hi, I just downloaded the updated version to allow a fluid width and it seems to have lost the ability to put in a custom header image. This is in WordPress.com not wordpress.org. The custom option was there, How do i go back to it?
    Thanks

• 10. admin  |  December 3, 2009 at 2:14 am

Hi Cody,

The custom header admin is only in WordPress.com’s version. You can change the header image manually using the instructions in the README.