Blix WordPress Theme – Update

August 13, 2009

Blix has been updated to fix a bug in the display of the navigation bar when using Internet Explorer 6 and 7.

Filed under: Updates

Tags: ,

23 Comments Leave a Comment

• 1. Stephanie  |  August 20, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I am having major problems putting a password protected page. The links work great w/out a password. Once I put the password protected area in, the layout is all set, but no matter what, the password is not accepted and won’t allow the access into the site.

Any help?

• 2. dancer  |  August 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

Hi Stephanie,

Password protect is working on my sites so could you post a link to a test page on your site with a temporary password for me so I can see the problem?

• 3. Robert Litton  |  August 25, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Will this theme be lite on loading. I used hostgator or gator host who ever those guys are and they say my thesis wordpress theme and database is causing the server to LOAD ummmm slow ? is that true ?

• 4. robin  |  August 26, 2009 at 6:27 am

hey there, thanks for the update!
    is it possible to add a drop down menu to blix?
    thanks!
    robin

• 5. robin  |  August 26, 2009 at 6:33 am

… and on emore question:
    I can’t get the lightbox to work
    do you have any suggestions for me?
    thanks so much!
    robin

• 6. dancer  |  August 26, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Hi Robert,

Blix is light on loading. I do not know how it compares to Thesis. I use both themes on HostGator and they are fine. There should not be a problem for their servers unless your site has very high traffic.

• 7. dancer  |  August 26, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Hi Robin,

By “drop down menu”, do you mean a sub-navigation in the navigation header?

What do you mean by “lightbox”?

• 8. robin  |  August 27, 2009 at 2:56 am

yeah thats exactly what mean!

by lightbox I mean the “lightbox”-plugin, does not function in my blix theme, I tried a couple of plugins but none of them works like p.e. in my “k2″-theme.

thanks again!

• 9. dancer  |  August 28, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Hi Robin,

I’ll take a look at the plugin problem when I get a chance. Fixing the bugs will be higher priority than adding new features such as the dropdown menu.

• 10. joojen  |  September 6, 2009 at 6:42 pm

i think the sidebar can be wider for125*125ads

• 11. Ash  |  September 9, 2009 at 2:28 am

I currently use a “drop down menu” for my posts by month in my sidebar… Here’s the code.

Select Month

I’m sure it could be cleaned up codewise, but it works.

• 12. Ash  |  September 9, 2009 at 2:33 am

Ooops… The code didn’t translate. Here is is, the [ ] need to be switched to < >. Enjoy!

[ul]
    [form action="" name="pulldown2"]
    [select name="mypulldown2" onchange="document.location=pulldown2.mypulldown2.options[selectedIndex].value”]
    [option value=""]Select Month[/option]
    [?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly&format=option'); ?]
    [/select]
    [/form]
    [/ul]

• 13. dalphne  |  September 11, 2009 at 3:09 am

hello, i’m new to wordpress and could someone tell me where could i get a free web host and domain for wordpress using this theme?

• 14. admin  |  September 14, 2009 at 2:18 am

Hi Daphne,

WordPress.com provides their own version of the Blix theme and hosts blogs for free on their domain.

• 15. Gao  |  October 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

Hi there, I have two questions, the first one is that I want to set a drop down nav memu with flix, how can i do that? The second is the showcase http://divaflava.net/ I like it very much? Is this theme based on Flix free? Can I get one?

• 16. admin  |  October 8, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Hi Gao,

Blix does not currently have a drop-down navigation menu built in but I will consider it for a future feature. All of the sites in the showcase contain original CSS by the site owners on top of the Blix theme. Unless stated on their sites, the CSS designs are not publicly released.

• 17. Sarah  |  October 17, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Hello, I have a question, how I can do to exclude a page from the navigation without using plugins?

• 18. admin  |  October 17, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Hi Sarah,

A workaround is to set the pages you want to exclude as child pages of a parent page. Then go to “Blix Options” and check the option to hide sub-pages in the navigation menu.

• 19. Sanjib  |  December 23, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Hi,
    I have a blog http://kddf.wordpress.com/ with Blix theme. But the width is a bit small. How can I increase the width?

• 20. Goof Ball Committee  |  January 8, 2010 at 11:46 am

I like my blix theme very much and it suits our organization well. Just wanted to say thanks for making this theme, but we really need a “new” blix with a sub-navigation dropdown menu! Thanks!

• 21. Beth  |  January 17, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I love my blix theme. I have a customized header that I also love. Unfortunately people that have IE can’t see any part of the header. I need to get this fixed asap. What do you suggest?
    thanks for your help

• 22. Jennifer  |  January 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm

We’re running into a security issue with the Blix theme because it appears not to be fully compatible with WP 2.9.1 (latest WP version). Would you have any updates?

• 23. Michelle  |  March 25, 2010 at 6:48 pm

How do I add a custom header with this theme on a self-hosted site? I find it strange that when I used this theme on WordPress I was able to add a custom header. Why not have this option available on the self-hosted version?

Please advise of a simple fix. Thanks!